What is the impact of Benefits Fraud?
Regardless if you have employer-sponsored healthcare benefits coverage or if you purchase your own coverage, healthcare fraud unavoidably translates into higher costs, premiums and out-of-pocket expenses, as well as reduced benefits or coverage.
Here are some easy ways to protect yourself from healthcare fraud, while keeping healthcare cost down for everyone:
- Protect your health benefits ID as you would do for your credit card. Be careful about disclosing your benefits plan details and if you lose your insurance ID, report it to ClaimSecure immediately.
- Report Fraud. Call or E-Mail ClaimSecure Special Investigations Unit immediately if you suspect you may be a victim of health insurance fraud.
- Be informed. Be informed about the health care services you receive, keep good records of your medical history details, and closely review all medical bills you receive.
- Review your employee benefit booklet to understand your coverage. Check your receipts and explanation of benefits. Report discrepancies between services / products received and what was billed.
- Beware of "free" offers. Is it too good to be true? Offers of free health care services, tests or treatments are often fraud schemes designed to bill you and your insurance company illegally for thousands of dollars of treatments you never received.